- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list (or friend's friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Someone to help me add graphics to my lj page. I’ve chosen a style that allows for background gradients and for graphics to be brought in but I don’t know how to do any of that and don’t know where to being to figure it out. Actually, I don’t want to figure it out, I just want someone to tell me what to do.
2. I want to be able to see Rhinoceros Eyes. I mean I would like to own it but I’d settle for just seeing it.
3. Donations made to amFAR, the AIDS research people. www.amfar.org
6. Short story ideas. I want to write but I have trouble coming up with ideas for short stories.
7. A shortish story about Brian as a teenager, about his home life, interactions with Clare, his mom, his dad, that sort of thing.
8. A shortish AU story, probably, about Brian’s only real ‘affair’, in college, before meeting Justin.
9. Banner help. This goes along nicely with number 1. Should someone be so good as to teach me how to bring in a banner, it would be nice to actually have one to bring in.
10. Recommendations for best loved coming-of-age, high school, gay boy fiction, the sort that would be carried in the teen section of the local bookstore. I have some from James Howe to Alex Sanchez to David Levithan but I’d like more.
Please post your WISH LIST in my comments.