Rule 2- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3- Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
arwensong, fansee, flashfly, galesweetie, herefordroad, pam81, pclu2004, qbeeqt, secretsolitaire, ta_wanda and tv_fan_2008
I was tagged by penelopes_web, these were her questions:
1. If I came to visit your hometown, name some place you would recommend that I visit.
San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles or The Tech Museum if you have kids, which you do
2. If you came to Las Vegas, name something you'd like to see or visit.
Whereever cirque du soleil is because I have actually been to Las Vegas often, but I haven't seen their show.
3. Name a book that you would recommend.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
4. What sport/event are you looking forward to watching during the up-coming Olympics?
I like the winter better, but I think I'll watch more for the scenery than anything sports-esque.
5. What is a misconception about the town/city/country that you live in.
I think the misconception is that San Jose isn't much more than a suburb of San Francisco. Google, Netflix, HP, Cisco, ebay, Apple blah blah are all here, many started here plus we have theater, ballet, a symphony, several museums so in fact, we rock!! I still like the city better, but I'm just sayin'...we rock!!!
6. What do you think of when I say "comfort Food"?
Meatloaf, my grandmother's recipe, with mashed potatoes and creamed corn.
7. Are you morning person or Night Owl?
I'm somewhere in between, I can easily stay up late at night and I can also easily rise in the morning. Doesn't much matter either way since I sleep little.
8. Name some thing you are looking forward to.
Lauren coming home in mid-June for 3 months of summer!!!
9. You've got the afternoon free and clear and $40 dollars (or equivalent) in your pocket - where would you go, what would you do?
Willow Glen, a little district in San Jose I may have mentioned before especially in connection with Lauren. In fact, I'm meeting my friend, Barbara, there tomorrow for lunch which the $40 should just about cover!!
10. Do you have a special heirloom that was passed down through your family? What is it?
I have a tons of stuff, nothing passed down for many generations, but the fawn-colored tablecloth my grandmother Rae Inez crochetted starting when she was 18 until she was 21 is particularly special.
11. Your achilles heal...for instance D's is speakers - I can't begin to tell you how many sets we have around the house and that he constantly up-grade them, and mine is shoes...I LOVE SHOES...total weakness.
Milk glass, pottery from the 1930s & 40s, native American pottery, and surprise surprise books, old ones.
1. When did you come to Livejournal and why?
2. What is one interesting thing I should know about you?
3. What is your favorite literary genre and why?
4. Name one thing you are looking forward to.
5. If you are part of fandom, which one and why?
6. Name a book you would like to recommend.
7. What is your favorite family heirloom and why?
8. Do you have a tattoo and if not, would you like to get one? Of what?
9. What did you think you would grow-up to be when you were young?
10. Is there a movie that always makes you cry?
11. What was the number one song for the month your were born? Just go here: and enter the info under the album.